The Collection and Usage of Information
We collect data when you voluntarily submit information through our Site and automatically when you browse our Site.
We may collect and store information for purposes such as to improve our Site’s quality or functionality, personalize your experience with the Site, track traffic to the Site, for advertising purposes, provide customer support, sending of communications, enhance the security of the Site, prevent fraud, complete transactions initiated by you on the Site or to comply with legal obligations.
The ultimate goal of our collection of data is to provide a seamless, safe and pleasurable shopping experience for our customers.
Of particular note regarding our data collections:
- Agents or Business Partners. We may share your Information with our business partners with whom we contract in connection with the services of our Site. For example, if we need to ship something to you, your name and address will need to be shared with our logistics partners in order to ship your order. In all instances we will provide the minimum amount of information required to complete the service or function with our business partners. In no instance(s) is authorization given to our business partners to use your information for their own marketing purposes.
- Transactional Data. If you make a purchase from Victor Canera, certain information collected such as but not limited to your name, address, phone number or credit card number may need to be shared with our business partners to process the transaction. For example when you make a purchase, we may need to share your information with our bank or credit card company to complete the transaction.
- Communications. When you sign up for an account, fill out a form or contact us through our Site, you are automatically opting in to receive communications from Victor Canera. These communications may be in the form of email responses to address questions or to provide information about Victor Canera products or services. We may also contact you in the future regarding Victor Canera products or services that may interest you. If we do contact you, each communication will contain instructions to “opt-out” of future communications. Furthermore, you may contact us directly at 888-860-6430 and ask that your information be deleted from any future mailing lists.
- Site Activity. We may also collect non-personally identifiable information when you visit our website. Our server analytics software may automatically collect information such as the date and time of your visit, browser type, IP address, language and operating system which allows us to follow trends and movements within our website and to prevent fraud.
- Regulation Compliance or Investigations. We may investigate or disclose collected information of or about you, including personally identifiable information a) in order to comply with laws, legal processes or because of a governmental request or to protect Victor Canera against legal liability; b)to investigate or prevent instances of fraud or abuse to defend Victor Canera against injury or loss.
As a visitor to our Site you may be assigned a “cookie” as a result of your usage of the Site. Cookies are small data files that may include unique identifiers which can reside on your computer or mobile device among other places.
A cookie may provide information about and track your usage of our services over time. Cookies may collect information about your browser type, operating system, date and time of your visits, provide security and authentication for transactions and store customer preferences on the Site. Ultimately cookies are used to enhance the features and capabilities of the Site and help us understand visitor interactions while on the Site.
It is possible to visit the Site without cookies by clearing cookie cache and by disabling them in your browser settings. The procedure of disabling cookies varies between browsers but can usually be found under security settings. Note that disabling cookies will disable certain features and functionality of the Site and will affect your ability to use the Site. If you disagree with the above noted usage of cookies on this Site, please do not use this Site.
When placing an order or during the checkout process, your Private Information is encrypted using Secure Socket Layer SSL data encryption. SSL is the industry standard for establishing an encrypted connection between computers and allows the transfer of sensitive data securely over the internet. Our SSL certificate is verified by Starfield Technologies. On most browsers an SSL session can be confirmed by an address beginning with https:// or with a padlock icon in the URL bar.
In order to create a secure shopping environment we are also in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards.
Rest assured that your credit card information is secure when placing an order with Victor Canera. In addition to SSL data encryption and PCI compliance, your credit card information is never stored on our computers but is transferred in encrypted form directly to our merchant gateway for authorization. If you prefer not to enter your credit card information over the internet, please give us a call at 888-860-6430 to place your order over the telephone.
The Victor Canera website is not intended for persons under the age for 18. We do not knowingly collect information from visitors under the age of 13. it is our goal to fully comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
Links to Third Parties
California Privacy Rights
Under California’s "Shine the Light" law, California residents who have shared personal information with us have the right to request from us clarification regarding the customer information, if any, we shared with other businesses for their own direct marketing purposes. This information would include categories of customer information shared and the names and addresses of those business with which the customer information was shared in the prior calendar year. All requests for such information must be in writing and sent to:
631 South Olive St., Suite 950
Los Angeles, CA 90014.
Changes to Victor Canera Privacy Policies
Last Updated November 24, 2014