Custom Design Policies
This policy page has been created to familiarize potential customers to our Custom Design process. The points made here clarify our policies regarding Custom Design work.
- The Work Order is the blueprint of your jewelry design and is used as the reference for the creation of your special order. It is imperative that clients note any and all preferences or requirements that they may have on the work order such as their finger size etc. Items not mentioned or itemized on the work order will NOT be implemented into the final product.
- Notes by a client made by email MUST be recorded on the work order for these preferences to be implemented. We deal with a high volume of emails sometimes having dozens of conversations by email with a single client. Trying to piece together a client’s preferences from these email conversations would be impossible.
- It is the client’s sole responsibility to provide an accurate finger size for their order. If an incorrect finger size is given, we will attempt to re-size the ring. Typically, rings with pave shanks can only be sized up or down a 1/2 size. Sizing greater than a 1/2 size might require re-shanking a ring at the customer’s expense. Eternity rings with diamonds going all of the way around can not be resized.
- We do not accept accept hard specifications for jewelry designs such as stone or metal millimeter sizes, height measurements, or other specs. We gladly would take into consideration clients’ general preferences towards their designs though as in “a more delicate or substantial halo” etc. Our experience has been that allowing us to set the perfect proportions for your center stone and for your finger size leads to the best results.
- Clients may have up to three Custom Design quotes of different designs.
- At times a sketch might be helpful for new, untried ring designs. A service charge of $400 would be applicable as a commitment towards time spent in the creation of a sketch.
- We can gladly call in diamonds to analyze on your behalf if you would like to use our DiamondSource Service. We can provide high resolution imagery including reflector technology photographs of stones for our clients such as IdealScope, ASET Scope, Hearts, Arrows and professional real life pictures. A retainer of $400 will apply in these instances to cover incoming diamonds' shipping costs and for the time spent in analyzing diamonds for our clients. This retainer is non-refundable but will be applied towards the final purchase.
- For special orders, a 50% deposit is required to secure an order. The remaining 50% is due prior to shipment of the item to the customer. If a center stone is part of an order, full payment must be made for the center stone in advance and the balance for the ring due prior to shipment.
- Please note that we can not ship out items prior to full payment being cleared. A bank wire will take 24hrs for funds to clear while other forms of remittance like personal checks can take 2 weeks for the funds to clear. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
- Shipping charges are NOT included for special orders with customer supplied diamonds. The return shipping charges would be dependent on the insurance amount for the client’s center stone plus the cost of the ring. Free shipping is included for all of our in-stock and in-house inventory.
- Clients sourcing their own diamonds are required to insure their stones against possible damage during manufacturing. Diamonds purchased from Victor Canera are covered under our own jewelers block insurance policy.
- Optional additions such as single-cut melee, double wire prongs, hand-engraving, ajour or filigree are considered "options at additional cost" which are not included in quotes unless specifically mentioned in the description.
- We require full payment for an order before any photography or imagery will be provided.
- Turn around time is based on an estimate. As an estimate, this may be surpassed be finished quicker based on other circumstances. Expedited completion is available at an additional cost.
- We reserve the right to decline projects based on the best interests of our company.
- For our return and refunds policy, please visit our Return and Refund Policy Page